Tools for the job
You’ll need a few basic hand tools to complete the replacement of your ceiling rose:
- Insulated medium size screwdriver (the appropriate type for the fixing screws used to fix the rose to the ceiling).
- Insulated terminal screwdriver.
- Pair if side cutters (wire cutters).
- Pair of wire strippers.
- Test meter with continuity setting. (this if for checking the supply is isolated and the continuity test may be needed to identify the the switch cable if you have already removed the ceiling rose and don’t know which cable it is).
- A step ladder.
- Indelible marker pen for marking cable cores for easy identification during fitting of the new ceiling rose.
- Insulating tape to mark the switch cable for easy identification during fitting of the new ceiling rose.
When you did the final safety check you should have noticed what colour the cable cores were in you ceiling rose.
If they are Brown and Blue you’ll need these wiring diagrams
If they are Red and Black you’ll need these wiring diagrams